Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day! February 14, 2012

My husband and I are members of our church's family ministry for married couples.  This past Saturday was our annual Valentine's Couples Dinner (also date night for us).  We love being part of this ministry as its focus is on that of developing and nurturing strong christian relationships between husbands and wives, as well as, their families.  We love to fellowship with other married couples.  We learn from older couples who are members when sharing their experiences and we share our experiences with others in hopes that we too can help a couple understand God's design and purpose for marriage. 


We started off the evening with a portrait session for each couple.  Once I get a copy of the image taken by the church photographer, I'll post it here.  Above was the itinerary for the night.  We had a blast!  It was exciting and to see older couples married for 40+ years and still very much in love was a blessing!

Wet set twist-out


I wore a Ralph Lauren angora sweater paired with a Versailles New York black long formal skirt.  The belt worn picked up hues from both the sweater and the skirt, so I used it to tie both pieces together and it worked out great.  The picture above shows the skirt as grey, but it is black.


My husband is wearing a Hickey Freeman Suit  & Brioni Tie.
Each couple was given a Bee Mine activity bag with fun games, cards and candy.

Squeezing this bubble wrap for one minute is equivalent to the amount of
stress relief from a 30 minute massage.  We both popped our wraps, but we're not too sure
about this theory.  We promised each other 30 minute massages to make sure. Giggle!
We were told to hold each other's hand, look into each other's eyes and
tell each other what we loved about our mate.  I love to hold my husband's hand,
but I love looking into his eyes even more!

 Here we were to write each other love letters to be sealed and given to one another
one month from today.  Can't wait to read my love letter.  I haven't received one of these
since we were in college.  My husband and I are college sweethearts!
Heart stress ball!  I love my husband, but at times I may have to
put this little cutie to work!  LOL!!!
  Dessert was small and I was thankful.  A moment on the lips....
 I hope that your tomorrow is filled with MUCH LOVE, Happiness and Joy!



1 comment:

  1. College sweethearts? How romantic!

    I love hearing about strong couples. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips