Friday, April 6, 2012

Weekend Project - Image Wall!

How to cover a huge wall of empty space?  Here's an idea...use the space as an on-the-wall photo album of your favorite portraits.  It covers the wall and makes for great conversation when friends and family come over to visit!


I purchased several individual 5x7 frames with 4x6 mats.  I also purchased a poster frame to hold my collage of images.  In the past I actually purchased a collage frame for my images, but ended up liking the look above better. 


I purchased my frames at a local Walmart store, but choose any frames you like and they don't have to be the same size and shape.  Let your creative juices flow!


To make the collage in the poster frame above I glued my 4x6 portraits (printed at home) to the picture insert that came with the frame.  Honestly, I think it would have been better if I had used a thin mat, used to frame portraits, instead.  It's much steadier than the thin paper insert that comes with the poster frame.    Use the insert as a guide to measure the size of your mat if so choose to use one instead. 

As you can see above, I tried to keep everything uniformed on the left.  Continuing onward, I began to overlap my images to make them fit inside the frame.  I wish that I had used this method of overlapping from the beginning, but a bit more exaggerated by mixing horizontal and vertical images throughout.   All in all not bad!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice idea. At first your watermark looked like it was painted on your wall. A nice quote painted above your collage may actually be a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't wait to have a family and have a wall like this put up! It's so beautiful and serene.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips