Monday, December 24, 2012

Little Angels!

What a blessing you can be in someone's life by simply taking the time to care!

For the past year I've been having this feeling of wanting to do more with my life regarding caring for others.  I would have talks with my husband regarding wanting to give back to our community in some way, but didn't quite know where to begin. I thank God for guiding me in this direction as I find that by my actively acting on this desire to help and to be of service to others, I find a since of peace and joy in knowing that I have, in some sort of way, helped make a difference in someone else's life in a positive and encouraging way.

Recently, I adopted a little angel that was in need this Christmas.  My little angel needed clothing and I was more than willing to bless him with what he needed. With each item purchased I couldn't help but feel joy inside knowing that I was one step closer to making someone's Christmas even brighter.  After collecting all of the items, I wrapped them neatly and then taped my Little Angel's name tag to their package.  Upon dropping off their gift, I was amazed to see how many other gifts were being collected by others who had joined me in this cause.  As you know, many people are still losing their jobs, or their work hours have been cut back, thus making this time of year a bit harder to make ends meet.  There was a time in my life where I have been where they are now and to help them and others is what love, peace and compassion is all about.

My work won't stop here as I plan to continue on with being of help to others in need and I will blog about my experiences as they occur.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips