Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Another twist on braids!

Me and my family went to see a movie this past weekend and I noticed this hairstyle on the lead actress.  I made an attempt to re-create this look for me and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.  It's has been very warm and humid these past couple of weeks and I don't like to wear my hair out in those conditions so I would normally put my hair into a ponytail, but now I have a new style that I love!

I put my cornrow skills to the test!  I started on the nape of one side and braided along the nape to the other, gathering sections of hair as I went along.  

When I got to the other side, I gently brushed the hair towards the back to meet up with the braid then proceeded to add hair to create one braid down the side of my shoulder.

Love this braid!

7 comments:

  1. Loving this! This will definitely be a go to style for me once I achieve the length.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Beautiful, Asha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! I need to practice my braiding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw it too and wanted to do it!! hunger games right?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You win the prize! This style was copied from the actress in Hunger Games. I saw another version that I'll have to try when I straighten again.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips