Friday, January 20, 2012

Tutorial pony up-do!

Here is a pictorial tutorial on the up-do found within my post entitled,  "In the beginning I tried..."
These are old images.  Currently my hair is in wet-set twists. 
1.  Okay, I did it again, this really should not be numbered as 1 as it is the finished look, but please know that my hair is sectioned horizontally from top ear to top ear then held in place by a medium sized bar barrette.  This is my top half.

2 and 3.  My bottom half section is divided into two smaller vertical sections.  Each held in place by a
small barrette (that has a good grip or tight closure that won't come loose easily from pressure when holding hair in place). 

4.  These barrettes are positioned up in the middle back of my head to create a
faux ponytail puff.  I loved creating the illusion of having more hair then I did at that time.  I would not have had the volume if I had actually used an elastic band to create this look.

5.  Hair is either fluffed like shown here are or smoothed down into place like in 6.

6.  To create a smoother look, I pinned down my ends (tucked under), to keep the hair from flying out
of control on windy days.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I wanted to ask how you did this style from the previous post, but didn't want to be annoying.

    When and if I ever straighten my hair, I want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alx, when you do try this style, be sure to let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair turned out ok for the first time, but I will need to practice more! Love it!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practice does make perfect! I'm glad you tried out this style!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips