Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The long and short of it!

This week I'm wearing my natural tresses straightened. The weather has not been too cooperative, thus I've been wearing a twisted updo for the past few days and wore it out on Sunday for church and then yesterday to take a few images. 

The long and short of it is, my "long" hair is paired with my favorite (my only) pair of jumper "shorts". 
Romper: TJ Maxx
I love little details!

I began straightening my hair, but had to stop to run an impromptu errand.  I didn't take any other photos once I got back.  I wanted to finish it as soon as possible before evening.



Hair worn out after removing twist updo.

Today we have fog, thus back in an updo til the weekend!  Have a very happy and dry Wednesday!


6 comments:

  1. Your hair is gorgeous!!! How long did this take, approximately? I know you ran an errand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how long it took this time, because I had to break it up. I know that I was working quickly before I left home and again when I returned. Normally, it would take a couple of hours to straighten my entire head.

    Normally, I will wear my hair straight for two weeks; wash and condition, then re-straighten. Not sure if I'll do this this time around as this year, the hot weather has arrived much earlier.

    If I re-straighten, I'll post more images and note how long the entire process takes. If not, I won't press again until the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    What products did you put on your hair to straighten it? and what kind of flat iron did you use?

    My hair stays straight only for 1 day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No products were used to straighten ( I do DC after washing); however, I do apply Omega Hair Oil to each section after it has been straightened.

    I used an electric hot comb by Hot and Silky to straighten and Jilbere curling iron to curl. I do own a flat iron by Jilbere and it, for me, it the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! It looks so soft and fluffy straightened. I prefer a straightened look that isn't "bone straight", which is the look you have. Love it! Also...where did you get those sandals from? They are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Ellegant Elle. Thank you for your sweet words! I've had these sandals for a little over a year now. I believe I purchased them from Ross and the brand is Qupid.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips