Monday, January 9, 2012

Twist-Out!

My twists have been in for a few days and were removed.  My driver's license was up for renewal and my opportunity to take a better image had finally arrived.  My husband drove me
to the local DPS office, so I took a few snap shots of my twist-out since my hands were free.

I always take my time when removing my twists and I start from the bottom moving upward to avoid knots forming if I start from the scalp moving downward.

Why the excitement?  My face in the picture that's part of my old license, was red from the makeup that was sold to me at that time.  I looked like a clown. When you know better, you do better.  I now check my makeup in natural light to see how different shades look on me.  I've had makeup artist in the past swear that what they caked on me was on point only to step outside and natural light proved otherwise.  I'm not into wearing a lot of makeup, but what I do wear is enough to let "me" shine and I love that type of look!

Hair is finger combed.  Although it's a winter morning, it is a bit humid outside and my dear friend "Shrinkage" will be by for a visit.  As the day progresses, my hair wil get bigger and bigger.  But I love BIG Hair!  Thanks Chica!
All smiles!  Worth the wait!
Can you tell that my hair is bigger in this picture?  Ha!  I love shrinkage!


We arrived at the DPS at 8 am and were finished by 12:15 pm.  My husband and I stood outside for 2 1/2 hours in 42 degree weather before entering the building, but for me it was so totally worth it!  I have a new image for my new license and I LOVE it!  They printed me a temporary license on paper with my new image and I couldn't be happier.   Here's to the new age in digital technology and to Happy driving!

1 comment:

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips