Thursday, June 27, 2013

1...2...3...Purge!

My closet is like any other closet in that it is filled with clothes, shoes, handbags and accessories! However, recently my closet has become too dense with all these items for my liking.  I have so much stuff that I'm literally having a hard time finding room to make everything fit and sometimes can't find a particular item that I'm looking for because I can't readily see it among the mass.  I sometimes feel as if  I'm looking for a needle in a haystack when searching for some pieces to wear.


So, in an effort to relieve myself (and my DH) of this dilemma, I decided to begin the process of purging my closet. I purchased the hangers above at Ross (I believe $8.99 for 18)  because not only do I want to purge my closet, I also want to improve the presentation of my clothes.  The idea I have is to make it look like a little boutique, thus I will also purchase other items to organize  and decorate my closet as well.

After I began to purge, I soon realized that this was going to be quite challenging.  Deciding on what to keep or to get rid of (donate/sell) stirred up various emotions as some items brought back memories of different times and events that have made this much needed process somewhat difficult.  There are items I really don't want to part with, but know that I have to in order to make this process a success.

Ever try looking for an item to wear for a particular event and can't find it only to find it at another time when you don't need it?  I want this, for me, to be a thing of the past now!  It may take me a while to finish, but finish I will!  

BTW...There was a show I use to watch on Bravo called "The Amandas" (it no longer airs). Check out their gallery for some ideas here on how to transform your pantry, closet, office space, etc...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips