Friday, December 30, 2011

Hang time baby!

Hang time!
As promised, here are pictures of my twists.  I used the grab and go method to create my ropes.  I didn't have to add any additional butter to the strands, but I did add MA to my ends and will add Omega Oil to my ends every other day.  There was a time when I would try to create parts for my twists, but that method took entirely too long to finish.  Plus, sometimes I would make a mistake with my parts and would have gaps showing that I wasn't too fond of seeing on my finished look. 

I'll wear these twists for a few days before removing them to wear out.  I want to give my oldest and dearest friend, "Shrinkage", time to arrive and get settled in.   Shrinkage used to be an old nemesis of mine, but not anymore.  I love Shrinkage and like most dear friends,  Shrinkage knows me best and no matter what I do that might upset her (getting rid of her by stretching), she always, always comes back to show me some love.  Some of my best styles I give credit to Shrinkage. Thanks Chica! LOL!!

Now, I didn't always have this much hang time with my twists.  I'll dig up images from my early days and post them, so that you can see my progress over the years. 
 

2 comments:

  1. You have absolutely gorgeous hair!!! I am trying to find your regimen and I can't seem to find it. What is MA and Omega-Oil? Could you please point me to your regimen? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Margaret. I'll create a new post to discuss my regimen soon! MA is Mane Attraction Hair Butter and Omega is a hair oil. Both are homemade goodies I make and can be found at www.myashas.com.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips