Monday, December 31, 2012

Longing for yesterday...throwback!


These images were taken 9 years ago.  I took these images at the time to showcase my tresses and how other naturals could incorporate wearing their natural tresses with ready to wear looks.  My husband and I were attending an end of the year company party and the outfit I wore that night was a black tube top jumpsuit with a matching wrap.

After I stumbled across these images I made a vow to myself to get back to the size I was when these images were captured.  I do believe at that time I weighed around 135 lbs and I now currently weigh 145 lbs.  For the past few months I would only exercise to maintain my current weight.  Well, today I'm starting the Julian Michael's 30 day shred and it is with a strong hope that I will see great results at the end of the 30 day exercise program as now my new goal is to gain back my strength and tone of yesterday.  It may take more than 30 days, but it won't be because I didn't give it all that I've got!

I know that you may be thinking gaining 10 lbs over a 9 year period of time is not bad and I too felt this way until I saw my pictures above.  I'm also planning on purchasing a juicer in the near future, so here's to ending this year gracefully and starting off the new year with a healthier frame of mind for a new and improved (and smaller) FRAME!



2 comments:

  1. You can do it and Jillian Michael's is just the woman. I am sure you know - be careful what you eat and don't drink your calories. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Femmefitale for your words of encouragement. I remember hearing Jilian stating not to drink your calories while watching the Biggest Loser some years ago. Thank you for the reminder.

    I've completed day three of level one.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips