Saturday, May 11, 2013

Boca Raton Part I

A Waldorf Astoria Resort Boca Raton
I've taken so many pictures that it was hard to narrow down which ones to share, so I'm breaking this post into two parts.


What can I say...we were treated like royalty the moment we arrived at the airport.  Our driver greeted
us and we rode to our hotel in a limo.  This was my first time riding in a limousine (don't ya feel bad for me?) and it was nice.  Upon our arrival at the resort we were enamored by our surroundings.  Just a beautiful, beautiful place to visit during our stay.


This was our ocean view from our hotel room.  Water and boats galore and such a beautiful sky!  Loved it!  When we left Dallas it was cold and raining! When we landed in just a few hours we were basking in warm, beautiful weather.  After we settled into our room we then began to enjoy each other and our much needed time together.

Silk and Linen Dress - Christiane Celle
We later got dressed in our resort attire and headed towards the beach for dinner.  I wore a silk and linen maxi dress (I'll post a full length image of me in this dress in a later post), however, it was a bit cooler than I had expected thus I had to put on a sweater later on after the sun had gone down. The cooler weather didn't dampen the mood at all.  We enjoyed good music, laughter and great food, but most of all each other!


That night we had the above pictured appetizer which included Latin-spiced Colossal Camarones, Organic Swank Lechuga Greens, Pea Tendrils, Chili-Lime Tostas, Fresh Hearts of Palm, Honeybell Orange, Cotija Cheese and Citrus Vinaigrette.  For our Entree (no image...sorry), we had Mojo Roasted Tenderloin of Beef, Wild Mushroom Ceviche, Rioja Reduction, Tamarind-Glazed Petite Sweet Potatoes, Grilled Asparagus with Preserved Lemon, Spagetti Squash (loved eating this) and Oven Roasted Artichoke.  For desert we had Dulce de Cuba Trio - Cuban Flan, Coco-Raspberry chocolate Torta and Coconut Tres-Leches.  By the time I finished eating everything I was ready to go to bed!  Do you ever get sleepy after eating a whole lotta food?  Join the club!


More images to share coming soon!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips