Saturday, April 6, 2013

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred!!!

I mentioned a few months back that I was beginning my journey to downsizing (my dress size) by way of working out to Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred.  I started this program in January of this year and now I'd like to share with you updates on my progress. 


If you are anything like me and don't like to work out for long periods of time, yet want results, this DVD is for you!  I saw results within a few days. If I hadn't taken any before and after pictures I would not have believed it to be possible.  Here I am day one before beginning the 30DS.  As you can see pictures don't lie!  Although I am not overweight, I am bigger than I was 10 years ago and I had bulge in places I did not like. My goal was to "shred" the extra weight I've accumulated over the years, become stronger, leaner and more fit!  All I can say is thank goodness for Jillian and her DVD!


 As you can see above I saw results within the first week of doing this DVD.  By day 10 of  doing the level two workout, I wanted to cry after seeing my picture.  I was so happy to see these results.  I was loosing inches and becoming leaner! My clothes fit better and I was able to "SHOP" in my own closet trying on and wearing clothes I hadn't worn in months (cough...years).  Please know that the pants worn in the above picture are of the same brand and size, just a different color. 

OMG!  Cha, cha, changes!!!!  After seeing the results I had achieved, I began to change my eating habits as well.  I also purchased more workout gear to help me stay motivated to keep going.  
Nike Free Run purchased at Nordstrom

Getting ready to become fit!
I started out only being able to do 4 push ups and very few sit ups.  I have made progress and couldn't be happier.  I'll share more of  my experiences since starting the 30 day shred along with more progress images soon.
Live strong and become happily healthy!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome results.... You just inspired me to buy the DVD - I just started working out and was on the fence about getting this but after reading your post I immediately bought it. Thank you for sharing and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maya!

    Thank you and congratulations on starting your workout regimen. Remember to take before and after pictures (progress images)so that you can see the results of your hard work. Wishing you much success in reaching your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your results have inspired me to dust off my copy of this beast of a workout. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny, it is my favorite! I'm currently doing the great abs in 6 weeks and I too am thinking about dusting off my copy of the 30 DS in time for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all comments & questions.

Blogging tips